Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just the other evening Jamyson and I were home alone and getting him ready for bed. I was putting a few clothes away and Jamyson asked me who my Mema was. I told him she was my grandmother just like Gaga is his grandmother. He asked a little about her and said maybe he could meet her some day. I told him she had passed away and that she was in heaven. He then asked how he could get to heaven. I had to stop in my tracks and sit on the bed with him to continue this conversation. I told him to get to heaven we had to ask Jesus to come live in our heart. He said why and that let to sin, "Momma, what is sin?" Oh my, I thought, this is going to be a difficult conversation. I began to talk a little and he said, "Hang on momma, Jesus will you come live in my heart? Okay, momma, I think I am ready to meet her now." My heart stopped and I was pretty sure he did not get it all right now. I told him that we would keep talking about his and that one day I sure hope that we would get to see my Mema together.

All of this makes me again thankful that God gives me the chance to go stop and sieze opportunities with my little boy. That moment will be etched ini my mind forever. He was so serious and so interested in all that I had to say. The moment also taught me not to take for granted every chance to talk to Jamyson about Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Christy- that is such a precious MOMENT. I can see Jamyson loves people and cares so much about their hurts!!! I am sure he truly has a longing to know the love of Jesus Christ! WOW- how amazing is that!!! (tell him his Memaw is the world's greatest cheerleader for her grandchildren- I bet she will cheer the loudest when she hears the angels singing about her greatgrandchildren!)

    ReplyDelete