Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The big number 4 !!
















The birthday we have been talking about for months has finally come and gone. Jamyson has told us for a looooong time now that on his fourth birthday he was to get him a 4-wheeler, have lots of friends over and be superheroes, and then have cake and ice cream.
I cannot believe he is four. I know that time is all relative and when there are phases that absolutely drive a mom crazy they last forever, but when there is a phase that you want to hold on to then it passes all too quickly.
The birthday was fun and pretty uneventful in regards to planned activities. The kids all played and ran themselves crazy. I think they liked playing with their capes on. I sat and watched as all the kids were playing and the parents were interacting. I thought to myself that I could not ask for a better set of friends, family and kids to have our son grow up around. Jamyson loves all of his friends and family. I feel very fortunate that there are these kinds of people right in my backyard that have values for their family. I had a lady at work ask me how we handle adult beverages at the kids parties we attend. I kind of laughed and just explained that the parties and people's kids we hang around really aren't exposed to that kind of stuff. The parties are for the kids. The adults put aside their time to let their kids experience life and in a sheltered, yet very free kind of way. Thank you to all my family and friends that came to our house. Thank you for loving our son. Thank you for working against all that the world wants to make of our kids and standing up to make them great kids!! I was a little teary eyed going to bed the night of the party. There were a lot of people that put their life activities aside for one evening to celebrate Jamyson's birthday. That is pretty special.

1 comment:

  1. Just b/c you were teary eyed going to bed doesn't mean you need to make the rest of us teary eyed by reading your blog. You couldn't have said it any better and I am extremely blessed to be a part of your life. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of Jamyson's special day. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete